We recently returned from the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) annual conference hosted in Sin City. In addition to new connections and insights from incredible speakers (including actor Rainn Wilson!), we brought back a few of the top questions we received from attendees to share with you.
How is Formstack applicable to the healthcare space? And what kind of behind-the-scenes magic is needed to connect the patient data you collect with the healthcare platforms you use most?
Let’s take a look at what healthcare professionals want to know most about our secure, no-code productivity software.
1. What do you integrate with, who integrates with you, and how can you quickly onboard and layer in what we’re already using?
Formstack connects to 260+ popular web applications so you can automate workflows, eliminate data chaos, and better meet patient needs. Several of those are HIPAA-compliant for safely and securely managing patient information. These integrations include Forms for Salesforce, matching to the Salesforce Health Cloud data model by allowing users to build more complicated forms. The integration allows users to:
- Map fields from forms into Salesforce to create new records or upsert existing records.
- Enhance data collection with A/B testing, partial submissions, and form drop-off analytics.
- Capture offline data via the Formstack Go mobile app and sync the collected data into Salesforce.
2. What development resources or build-out is needed to pass patient data to EMR/EHRs?
Formstack connects to hundreds of popular web applications so you can automate workflows, eliminate data chaos, and better meet patient needs. But for passing patient data to EMR/EHRs, we turn to our open API functionality. The federal government encourages healthcare organizations to choose open API solutions because they are scalable and ultimately help support continued interoperability goals. Setting up a Formstack Forms API is easy:
Step 1: Log in to your Formstack Forms account and navigate to the API page.
Step 2: Select “Create Application” and fill out the required information.
Step 3: To access the API information (Client ID, Client Secret, Access Token, OAuth2 Authorization URL), click on the name of the API Application you just created.
For more complex integrations, Formstack customers seek out our Pro Services or partners like Coastal Cloud who build sophisticated Salesforce workflows for healthcare.
3. How can you optimize the patient journey?
Formstack SVP of Marketing Kathryn Loheide delivered a breakout session talk on how to inform and reimagine the patient journey. What resonated most with audience members was how the patient experience is (or should be) like the consumer experience—personalized, convenient, and helpful. The problem is, these patient expectations aren’t matching the current healthcare experience from most providers. In fact, 73% of patient-consumers want providers to communicate more between appointments—and 88% of healthcare executives acknowledge that their organizations are vulnerable to declining loyalty.
We know patients expect the safety and convenience of digital experiences. But how can you optimize that journey to build loyalty and business growth?
- Eliminate tech waste. Look for redundancy in your systems and find opportunities to consolidate. Healthcare organizations often adopt different tools that do the same thing, making one system obsolete.
- Invest in no-code tools. No-code tools enable non-technical workers in any department to create the apps and processes they need to get work done—without needing support from IT.
- Simplify key processes. Replace cumbersome paperwork with HIPAA-compliant forms, documents, and signatures for processes like patient registration and intake, medical consent, insurance verification, referrals, medication management, and more.
- Seek an open API. When adopting no-code tools, be sure to look for solutions that have an open API. An open API ensures that your tools can be integrated with other systems to accomplish things like sending patient information to your EHR or CRM, updating email lists, or collecting payments.
- Put your data to good use. Look at form metrics (like unique views, conversion rate, and abandonment rate) to identify workflow bottlenecks and pinpoint areas for improvement. Having the data means having the insight to continually optimize the patient journey.
Still have more questions about how Formstack helps healthcare organizations build productivity, loyalty, and growth? Contact us or request a demo today.