Move over, radio buttons, there’s a new field in town!The Formstack form builder now offers a Rating field for all your feedback needs. If you’re using Formstack surveys to collect valuable feedback from customers, patients, or students, you can now do so with a more visually appealing field.
The Rating field is an advanced form field that allows you to collect 1–10 ratings using star or heart icons. Additional field options give you the flexibility to include an N/A option and to adjust the size of the icons. You can also perform calculations or run logic from the field, which means you can easily calculate an average rating or gather additional information from those who give a low rating.
How It Works
To add the Rating field to your form, simply drag and drop it like any other field in the Formstack builder.
Once the field is on your form, you can use the field options on the left side of your screen to customize it in a variety of ways:
- Choose stars or hearts as the icon
- Select a rating range from 1 to 10
- Adjust the icon size in your theme settings
Note: The icon color is based on the label color, and the submissions table shows a number rather than icons.
Popular Use Cases
The Rating field can be used to enhance feedback forms across a variety of industries. Here are a few use cases to consider:
- Customer Reviews: Collect product or service reviews on a 5-star rating scale.
- Net Promoter Score (NPS): Calculate how likely you customers are to refer other customers to you using a 10-star scale.
- Employee Engagement: Measure employee engagement through a heart rating.
- Patient Satisfaction: Calculate patient satisfaction scores through a 10-heart rating scale.
- Doctor Reviews: Gather patient reviews of your providers using a 5-star rating scale.
- Facility Evaluations: Collect star reviews on your facility's appearance and cleanliness.
- Campus Tour Reviews: Gauge prospective students' campus tour experience using a 5-star rating scale.
- Course Evaluations: Measure course effectiveness using multiple 5-star scales.
- Alumni Satisfaction: Measure alumni satisfaction through a heart rating.
Using our new star rating fields, you need to come up with some questions! Check down below to see what questions you need to ask on your patient satisfaction survey..