Formstack works with a number of popular payment processors, making it easy to collect fees with your online forms. But when you’re trying to decide which to use, the options can be confusing. So how can you be sure you’re selecting the right payment processor for your company?
We’re here to help! Our payment gateway comparison chart has been a hit with customers since we launched it last year. We recently re-designed this reference page to minimize confusion over important factors like transaction fees, setup costs, and accepted credit cards. Check out the quick-reference checklist to compare services.
The chart also breaks down the four major factors and three types of fees to take into consideration when choosing a payment gateway. Learn more about what on earth a merchant account is, too!
So which payment gateway is best for your industry? We’ve got a few recommendations based on the e-commerce needs some of our customers have:
If you work in higher education, look for:
- No payment limits for alumni donations, ticket sales, merchandise purchases, and more
- The ability to set up monthly billing for tuition payments
- Multiple currencies to make it easier for international students to pay
If you work for a ministry, nonprofit, or church, look for:
- Recurring billing for monthly donors or tithing
- Fast processing for quick access to funds
- The ability to accept major credit cards and increase the number of people able to donate
If you are a marketer or marketing consultant, look for:
- On-form payment capabilities so users won’t be sent away from your website to complete transactions (PayPal, for example, redirects users to the PayPal website.)
- Data portability to avoid more opt-in requests (the surest way to lose subscribers) should you migrate to another service later
If you sell sporting or event tickets, look for:
- The ability to accept all major credit cards
- Mobile payments for on-site purchases
No matter your industry, some features are a must. Be sure any payment gateway service you use offers the following:
- Advanced security that meets Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance guidelines
- Fast, reliable phone or email support
- Easy integration for form building
And no matter which service you choose, you’ll never pay a Formstack fee when using our forms to collect payments. How about that?!