Here to Help: Scheduling Form Data Exports
How often have you been excited to share the results of your latest form or survey, only to be met with a mountain of manual data exports? At Formstack, we know the pain, which is why we’re thrilled to unveil our latest update.
It’s now possible to schedule exports of your form submissions! Auto-export your form data in CSV format, and email it to yourself or your team members. No manual downloads are required! Submissions can be scheduled on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis so you never have to worry about logging in after you set up your initial export process.
Sounds amazing, right? There are many benefits to scheduling your submission exports. Let’s take a closer look.
What can I do with scheduled exports?
Exporting your form submissions is the perfect way to make information more digestible and find patterns in your data. It also lets you shave hours off the time your team normally spends on manual work.
With Formstack’s data export scheduling, you can:
- Review customer feedback
- Analyze survey results
- Compare marketing campaigns
- Track payments and donations
The possibilities are endless. Need to send regular reports to your boss? Just schedule a weekly or monthly data export for their review. Want to keep track of event attendees as they come in? Schedule a daily export that includes information on new sign-ups. By sending regular exports directly to your users’ inboxes, you’ll open up more time for collaboration and be able to act on incoming data sooner.
How do I schedule my data exports?
Setting up scheduled exports with Formstack is easy. To export data on a regular basis, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Formstack account, navigate to the Submissions tab of your form, and click “Create Scheduled Export.”
- Give your data export a name, and choose your filters. You can auto-export data based on specific criteria (such as “Read” or “Unread” submissions).
- Choose whether to export all submissions or only submissions that have come in since your last scheduled export.
- Set the time and date you’d like to start exporting data. You can choose to export data on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
- Add your users’ email addresses, and you’re all set! Click “Save and Schedule,” and your automated data exports will be ready to go.
After putting your auto-export process in action, you’ll get data into the hands of those who need it faster and open up more time to focus on other tasks. Each user you add to your process will receive exports directly in their inbox based on the schedule you set. For more information on setting up scheduled data exports, check out this help article.
This latest update was one of the most popular requests on our Ideas Site. Thank you to all of our customers for your continued support and feedback. We appreciate you! If you have an idea for a feature or update you’d like to see implemented in the future, please submit it for consideration.