Higher education’s long-held traditions are often beneficial—beautiful campuses, student organizations, academic rigor, and an over sense of pride.
That sense of honoring the past permeates the mindset in academia —“It’s always been done that way”—and oftentimes getting work done harkens back to processes commonplace at an institution’s founding.
Paperwork is as pervasive an example of this as anything and presents enormous problems across all levels. Scorned by students, administrators, and faculty, paper forms stubbornly persist.
Hundreds of colleges and universities have transitioned away from paper, skipped the coding headache of HTML web forms, and rethought all manner of data collection.
Below is a list (with links) of real-world Formstack forms in higher education, broken out by category and department. From student admissions forms to alumni donations forms, online forms are a powerful gateway to automated workflows.
Prospective Students (Admissions)
- Application for Admission: Goshen College
- Athletic Recruiting: Victory Valley College
- Program Application: Rice University
- Request Information: Dallas Baptist University
- Schedule a Visit: University of Nevada, Reno
Current Students (Student Life / Academic Affairs / Registrar)
- Application for New Organization: Seton Hall University
- Bystander Intervention Training: St. John’s University
- Request for Transfer Credits: Miami University
- Student Symposium Submission: Goucher College
Former Students (Alumni Relations and Advancement)
- Campus Trivia: Augustana College
- Giving: Lamar University
- Submit Class Notes: Illinois State University
- Update Information: Walla Walla University
In all, more than 350 colleges and universities around the world use Formstack in the ways listed above and many more.
A host of higher education templates are also available to get your school collecting form data in a matter of minutes.