Being able to accept online payments opens your business up to a whole new world of customers. But when choosing a vendor, why does it always feel like you have to sacrifice either user form experience or secure payment technology just to get the job done?
Formstack’s integration with Stripe lets you not only gather customer information using the same well-designed, intuitive forms you love, but also capture payment details through a secure and trusted source.
What is Stripe?
Stripe is one of the biggest names in online payment collection, handling billions of dollars of online payments around the world each year. Whether you’re creating a subscription service, an on-demand marketplace, an ecommerce store, or a crowdfunding platform, Stripe’s meticulously designed APIs and unmatched functionality help you create the best possible product for your users.
Unlike other payment processors, Stripe approaches online payment from the perspective of code (not finance), so integrations are seamless, and user experiences are smooth. With a complete toolkit of solutions for all types of digital commerce, Stripe is creating a new standard in the world of online payments.
Formstack + Stripe Integration
As a verified partner of Stripe, Formstack has an integration that connects your forms with the Stripe payment processor to help you safely collect payments and donations online. Here’s how it works:
- Build your form with our intuitive builder to receive any kind of customer information, whether for transactions, donations, event registrations, or other payments. Drag-and-drop functionality lets you quickly add in fields, while mobile-ready forms make user access a breeze.
- Connect to Stripe by simply turning on the integration within the Integrations tab of your Stripe account after you’ve logged in from the Formstack app. No back-end finagling required.
- Get paid. Submitted payment information will now be routed to Stripe for secure processing.
Could it be any simpler? All you need are a Formstack account and a Stripe account.
How to Use It
Stripe’s versatility allows you to support a number of purchase situations, including:
- Single-item purchases (like a song download)
- Multi-item purchases (like a song download, an album, and a podcast)
- Subscription-based purchases (like an annual membership)
And with Formstack online forms at your disposal, you can enhance the buyer experience with a more seamless interface. Choose from features like:
- Customized branding tools that showcase your colors and logo
- Automated calculations that auto-update quantities and cost totals for easy purchasing
- Coupons or discount codes to process dollar- or percentage-off discounts without hassle
- Mobile-friendly interface so customers can easily purchase wherever they are
With Formstack and Stripe linked, you can even receive payment notifications while you’re in your Formstack account.
Data security is a serious and growing concern, especially as the world becomes more digital and businesses take to the cloud. Consumers need to know that the brands they purchase from are reliable and their billing information is secure. That’s what’s great about relying on a trusted payment processor—security and compliance are always top of mind. Formstack and Stripe offer multiple compliance options like:
- PCI. Payment card industry (PCI) data security standards regulate the collection of sensitive payment information. Now you can maintain PCI compliance with the Formstack + Stripe integration, available with the PCI Edition of Formstack.
- HIPAA. Now, patients have a simple and secure way to pay for their office visits, medical procedures, and more without compromising ePHI. With Formstack’s online HIPAA forms, the patient/client payment process is more streamlined by unifying disparate systems and allowing the user to bypass manual data entry.
If you’re new to collecting online payments, there’s no need to start from scratch. Formstack offers pre-built templates that make it easy to tailor to your business and start collecting payments in seconds.
Great news for nonprofits! Both Formstack and Stripe offer discounts for not-for-profit organizations:
- Formstack offers a 25% discount to non-educational, non-governmental organizations that are tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Fill out our nonprofit form to see if you qualify for the discount.
- Stripe works with nonprofits around the world. Nonprofits with 501(c)(3) status can contact Stripe to get started and discuss pricing.
Ready to start raking in the dough? You can try this integration for FREE with a 14-day trial! Or, check out how Formstack’s Stripe integration compares to other payment processing integrations with our payment gateway comparison chart below.