Formstack’s online form technology gives organizations an easy way to collect and manage information. No matter the industry or business size, our smart online forms can be customized for every team and any problem.
To help you better understand what’s possible with Formstack, let’s take a closer look at just one industry: information technology. Here are 5 key ways Formstack can move your IT workflows along:
#1: Tech Support
IT teams are often the main tech support resource within a company, which means addressing internal service requests is an important part of the job. If an employee’s laptop malfunctions, his or her work will suffer until an IT expert addresses the issue. To this end, Formstack has several beneficial offerings:
- Online tech support forms—such as an IT service request form and a feedback form—that give employees a quick way to request support and provide feedback on the support they receive
- Help desk integrations that connect your IT forms to your preferred service desk for easy ticket management
- Automated submission notifications that alert you of new support requests in real time so you can address issues quickly
Need proof? Fidelity Bank, a full-service bank with branches across metro Atlanta and Florida, uses Formstack to gather feedback on its internal help desk system.
#2: Equipment Tracking
Another important job that often falls on the IT team is asset management. IT team members are responsible for all technology assets within the company, which means they must keep detailed inventory of laptops, projectors, printers, etc. Formstack provides a few tools to help with these efforts:
- Ready-made online forms—such as this asset management form template and this equipment checkout form template―to easily track all company hardware
- Electronic signatures that allow you to get proper acknowledgement on equipment assignments and checkouts
#3: Access Control
Maintaining proper electronic security is highly important in today’s tech-driven work environments. Formstack can help you establish access control with these powerful features:
- Secure online forms that let users systematically request access to servers, files, software, etc.
- User permissions that give you an easy way to manage access to your Formstack forms, themes, and submissions
- An Approvals feature that allows you and your team members to approve or deny access requests directly from your email
#4: Software and Hardware Purchasing
IT teams tend to play an integral role in a company’s decision to purchase new hardware or software. To streamline technology purchasing, here’s what Formstack provides:
- Online request forms for software requests and hardware requests
- A Workflows feature that significantly streamlines the purchasing decision process by letting multiple people (e.g., employees, managers, the IT department, and the finance department) participate
#5: Bug Squashing
IT workers, particularly developers, spend a good amount of time fixing website and app bugs—or flaws in a program or system. Squash bugs faster with these Formstack features:
- Online IT forms for tracking bugs related to your company website, SaaS product, and more
- Email routing to send bug reports to the proper team members for quick review
- A File Upload field that allows anyone to easily attach screenshots and other evidence of a reported bug
IT professionals juggle countless tasks and projects that can be simplified with a data management solution like Formstack. Click below for further insights on our IT solutions.