You’ve given thanks for your blessings, consumed your fair share of turkey or pie, and kicked off your holiday shopping with some great Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals.
It’s time to join the #GivingTuesday movement.
If you aren’t familiar with #GivingTuesday, here’s what you should know:
- It’s a global day of giving celebrated on the Tuesday following U.S. Thanksgiving (today!).
- It launched in 2012 and is largely supported by the power of social media.
- It encourages people to open their hearts and give their time, monetary donations, goods, or voice to support a charitable cause.
In honor of #GivingTuesday 2017, we want to shine a light on two of Formstack’s nonprofit customers. We are fortunate enough to have a long list of nonprofit organizations whose work is supported by our form builder. These are just two you might consider backing today:
Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Denver
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Denver (BGCMD) is an organization that provides safe and impactful experiences to empower youths ages 5–18 to graduate high school with a college or career plan, contribute to their communities, and live healthy lives.
How does BGCMD use Formstack?
Formstack serves as BGCMD’s main internal form-building application. Staff members use it for the following:
- Incident Reports. When incidents happen with youth in the clubs, details about the incidents are entered into Formstack.
- Facilities/Maintenance Requests. BGCMD has over 10 brick-and-mortar facilities that need continual maintenance, and all requests go through Formstack.
- HR Forms. Formstack forms are used for a variety of HR functions, including feedback from interviews, disciplinary reports, and cross-departmental communication.
- Programming Needs. Formstack forms support various club programming needs.
Before implementing Formstack, Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Denver was managing these internal processes using SharePoint and clunky email communications. With Formstack and its collaboration features—including form Approvals—each workflow is more seamless and effective.
“Our incident reports have become much more efficient. And our maintenance team is extremely happy with the increased efficiency of tackling problems. Our HR team feels that the interview process is more transparent and efficient as well.” – Maddie Ganzlin, Data Analyst
How can you support the Boys & Girls Club Denver location?
When you donate to Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Denver, you are making a difference for thousands of kids. BGCMD depends on contributions from the community to provide after school activities and facilities for thousands of young people in the Denver Metro area.
Visit the club’s donation page to learn more about the ways you can give, including monetary donations, toy drives, and supply donations.
VOICE Charter School
VOICE Charter School is a primary and middle school in New York City that serves 700 students in grades K–8. The school’s unique curriculum blends arts education and choral singing with a rigorous academic program.
How does VOICE Charter School use Formstack?
Formstack’s native Salesforce app helps VOICE Charter School manage and streamline external communications. The Formstack Salesforce forms are used for the following:
- Parent-School Communications. If parents need to submit data about their children or pay lunch bills, they can do so via a Formstack form that automatically collects their data in Salesforce.
- Student Applications. Over 2500 student applications are collected and processed each year via Formstack’s Salesforce forms.
Before implementing Formstack, VOICE Charter School collected all student data through paper forms, which required a lot of manual administrative work. With thousands of applications coming in annually, the school had to employ temp workers just to enter those details. This increased the margin of error in the data collection process, which affected both the accuracy of the data and the speed of collecting the data.
Together with other Salesforce apps, Formstack eliminated complexity and helped VOICE create more fluid workflows. Because the Formstack Salesforce app is native, the school can get data directly into Salesforce with little effort. Additionally, Formstack’s file upload and payment capabilities allow the school to seamlessly collect important data from parents, such as student birth certificates or payments for field trips and lunch expenses.
With Formstack, VOICE Charter School has seen many tangible results:
- Increased collection of money for field trips by 80%
- Increased parent communication responsiveness by 50%
- Saved $4000 by eliminating manual processes that required hiring temp workers
“We have been looking for ways to enable parents to communicate easily with us and manage their own data in Salesforce, and we found it! Any school looking to work out a way to cut manual data entry and costs related to data entry, Formstack is the solution for you.” – Scott Walker, Senior Data Specialist
How can you support VOICE Charter School?
The future of VOICE Charter School and the children who attend depend on the support of the community. The students and the school grow each year, and the generosity of others enables the VOICE family to develop both academically and musically.
One way to support VOICE Charter School is by shopping through AmazonSmile. If you select VOICE as your charity of choice, Amazon will donate 0.5% of every purchase you make to VOICE. To get started, visit the school’s AmazonSmile page.
Formstack is thrilled to play a part in the work of so many great nonprofit organizations. If you’re a nonprofit looking for a way to streamline your data collection processes, we can help. Click below to learn more about our offerings for nonprofit customers.