Formstack’s online form technology gives businesses an easy way to collect and manage information. No matter the industry or business size, our smart online forms can be customized for every team and any problem.
To help you better understand what’s possible with Formstack, let’s take a closer look at just one industry: healthcare. Here are 5 key ways Formstack can move your healthcare processes along:
1. Patient Registration
Collecting and managing new patient information—such as medical history and insurance details—is a big job for healthcare organizations. Creating a paperless patient onboarding process can save time for your front office staff and solve patient flow problems. To this end, here’s what Formstack provides:
- Online patient registration forms that can be linked on your website for patients to complete and submit before their first appointment
- HIPAA compliant data security that protects the sensitive patient information you collect
- HIPAA webhooks that securely pass patient information into your electronic health record system
Need proof? Behavioral health facility Indiana Health Group uses Formstack to efficiently onboard 90% of its new patients.
2. Physician Referrals
Most insurance companies require physician referrals for specialist treatment, so making referrals is a common practice in the healthcare industry. To create a streamlined physician referral process at your facility, you can use these Formstack offerings:
- An online physician referral form that allows healthcare providers to quickly provide the details needed to get patients scheduled with the appropriate clinic or practice
- Mobile-friendly forms that physicians can easily access to submit referrals from the bedside in under a minute
- Automated submission notifications that alert referred providers of new referrals in real time for prompt follow-up
3. Call Logging
If you work for a healthcare call center, keeping track of patient information provided on an incoming call can be vital. Enhance your call logging efforts with these Formstack features:
- An online call log form that allows operators to easily submit call details for responding medical professionals
- A HIPAA compliant SMTP integration that allows professionals in the field to immediately see details of a call
- Mobile database access that allows field professionals to access important patient information while on the go
Need proof? C2 Call Center uses all the above to seamlessly log calls for hospice triage nurses.
4. Incident Reporting
Medical incident reporting is an integral patient safety measure for most healthcare facilities. Formstack can help you create an incident management process that keeps patients safe through these offerings:
- An electronic incident reporting form that can be used to easily document patient complaints and adverse events
- Secure email routing that automatically notifies appropriate personnel when an incident report has been submitted
- An Electronic Signatures feature that allows facility administrators to sign off on incident resolutions
5. Online Ordering
Medical care providers are often tasked with ordering equipment—such as wheelchairs, nebulizers, or compression garments—to assist with patients’ treatment. Formstack provides a few tools to help with these equipment orders:
- An online equipment order form that allows health professionals to quickly order necessary treatment aids
- A File Upload field that allows physicians to attach exam details and other documents that support the need for the equipment
- An Electronic Signatures feature that allows physicians to authorize use of the ordered equipment and patients to indicate they’ve received proper instruction
Healthcare professionals have countless tasks and processes that can be simplified with a data management solution like Formstack. To drive this point home, we’ve put together an infographic that walks through the steps of a streamlined incident logging process. Click below to take a look.