Would it surprise you that there are roughly 2 billion people in this world using emails to communicate? It’s no wonder users would want to use email to collect and share data.
However, just because emails are convenient and ready to go at a moment’s notice doesn’t mean it’s the best route to take when collecting your data. One solution to this issue is using online forms for your email marketing strategy.
Here are 5 reasons why you should stay away from collecting data via plain-text emails:
1. Way too many emails. How many emails do you send a day? It’s safe to say that you may be missing out on specific people you want to collect data from. Although most people create contact lists and have the emails sent automatically, you lose the personalization that would make the recipient want to fill out the form. With sending a lot of emails, there is also a big chance of your message getting lost in someone’s inbox, which leads to reason number 2.
2. People hate random emails. Getting clicks to your emails is hard enough, but getting someone to follow through with a request from that email? Good luck. Users will typically spend about 15 seconds on a non-personalized email. Hope you were able to collect all of the data you needed in that time frame! You can personalize an email through your email marketing strategy and attach a form that can be inviting with colors, themes, and images to keep the reader’s interest.
3. Losing information. The email world is a very scary place. You had an email and then it’s gone. You had a folder and now it’s gone. You had all of that collected data and now it’s GONE. Collecting data via email is pretty unforgiving, unless you regularly backup your information somewhere else. Whether you were hacked or the victim of a glitch, it’s a scary place to be when you have tons of information sitting around. An online form builder is a safe and efficient way to store your data in one centralized location.
4. Hacking. Emails are one of the most commonly hacked databases nowadays. How often do you get Spam emails from companies you definitely didn’t sign up for? All it takes is for one person to access your account and they have access to all of your information. This doesn’t just harm you – it harms every single contact you have listed in your database.
5. SPAMMMM! Who’s to say your email even made it to the recipient? The Spam folder gets me every time. I’ll be waiting and anticipating an email and never receive it, only to find a week later it was sitting in my Spam. It’s the one thing someone sending an email has no control over: will my recipient get this in their inbox or is it lost forever in the Spam abyss? Formstack has a feature called CAPTCHA which allows you to add an extra layer of security on top of our built-in protection that keeps spammers and “bots”getting into your web forms.
We may use emails every day, every hour, but there are some things that just shouldn’t occur via plain- text emails, and that’s collecting data. Have a secure database that holds your information. With our multiple levels of security you can trust that your data is being transferred and managed via the most secure methods. Take a look at our security features to learn more about how to stay protected with even your most valuable information.