Yesterday, Formstack attended the 8th annual Best Places to Work in Indiana awards dinner. While we found out we made the list in January, we didn’t receive our official ranking on the list of Best Places to Work until the event. In the small business category, Formstack ranked as the 11th Best Place to Work in Indiana out of 33 total companies. Top third in the state – not bad for our first time on the list!
As a follow up to being named 11th, we thought we’d provide you with 11 reasons why Formstack is an awesome place to work:
1. Ping-pong tournaments on the regular. All employees are encouraged to fine-tune their ping-pong skills.
2. Snacks/soda all the time. We keep a shelf stocked with employee’s favorite snacks, and there is never a shortage of coffee and soda.
3. We like to give back. Whether it’s helping build a rain garden in Indy, giving local nonprofits free form plans, sponsoring a family at Christmastime, raising money for ALS through our Charity Pong sponsorship, or our Build Indy campaign, we strive to donate our time and resources back to Indianapolis.
4. Formstack fun! We try to plan frequent company outings. Recent Formstack fun events include attending Indians and Pacers games, participating in Halloween costume bowling, and going to see movies.
5. We’re remote. Formstack employees can work anywhere they want. No need to come into the office to still work together on projects! We implement the newest technologies for communicating with each other. Which leads us to …
6. Hipchat emoticons. Hipchat is the online messaging service we use to keep each other informed. We can make custom emoticons using the service. It gets weird.
7. Friday lunches. Whoever is in the office on Friday gets treated to a free lunch, compliments of the ‘Stack.
8. We’ll send you to conferences. We understand the benefits of professional development. If we believe a conference will help you grow as a member of the Formstack team, we’ll pay for all of your conference expenses.
9. Casual Friday … every day. Want to wear sweatpants? Fine. Want to wear a tux to work? Well … we suppose that’s fine too. We want our employees to wear whatever makes them the most comfortable and ready to work!
10. All the tech. We want to make sure that every employee has the technology tools and software they need to get things done.
11. We have a Kegerator and a fully-stocked beverage fridge. Enough said.
Thanks again to the Best Places Group, our employees and our customers for helping us stay awesome!