If you work at a college or university, from Admissions to Alumni Relations, you already know how vital data collection is to your every day tasks. Data is everywhere in higher education, and it can be daunting to figure out the most efficient way to collect it and manage it within your department. Formstack can help! Here are some examples of how different departments can use Formstack to make their lives easier.
1) Admissions/Enrollment: Increase Completion Rates of Online Applications
If you work in Higher Ed Admissions, you know the importance of receiving completed online enrollment applications. Enrollment applications provide the information you need for quick follow-up with prospective students and conversion of those applicants into new students. When you have a long application (or multiple applications) that isn’t (aren’t) tailored to fit each unique applicant, you will see higher abandonment rates. Your department can build easy-to-complete online applications using Formstack’s advanced features.
- Our conditional logic enables you to present relevant questions to each prospective student based on how they answer certain questions, saving you from a longer application than you need.
- Use Formstack’s save and resume feature for multi-page applications to allows applicants to save their form in progress and come back to finish at a later time.
- Need a specific staff member to review certain applications, for example, only those from in-state students? Smart routing sends a notification email to the right person, to ensure quick and efficient follow-up.
- Can’t understand why you aren’t receiving more completed applications based on your page views? Use our form analytics to figure out where prospective students are dropping off the form and what fields they’re not filling out.
2) Marketing & Communications: Run Successful Events with Event Registration Forms
Marketing & Communications have a lot on their plate. Let’s face it – from developing the messaging and crafting the right brand strategy, to creating a strong online presence, to executing a great campus event, a university’s marketing department can be stretched thin. Formstack’s event registration forms can help make one area of your life that much easier.
- Tired of the hassle of collecting cash or manually processing credit cards for event fees at the door? Use PayPal or another payment integration to collect event fees during online registration.
- Chances are, you need all the help you can get to promote your events. Students love social media and use it every day to spread the word about what they’re doing. Use our Twitter integration to auto-tweet new registrations as they come in. Collect the registrants’ twitter handles to display in the tweet so their followers will see it.
- It’s always important to follow up with event attendees to gauge your success. Use Formstack to create an evaluation survey for feedback and include a link to the survey in a delayed confirmation email from your registration form.
3) Alumni Relations: Collect Annual Gifts with Donation Forms
Alumni Relations is a very important area of any college or university. Maintaining a connection with graduates is a must and benefits the alumni, students, and the university. Many alumni become leaders in the community, are proud of their continued ties to their alma mater, and can provide great resources to the school. One of the most important resources are their donations that can help impact specific areas within the institution, student services, and more. Formstack’s donation forms can make it easy for your Alumni Relations department to collect gifts from past graduates.
- Tired of tracking down and processing checks from alumni donors? Email alumni a link to an online donation form! Using one of Formstack’s payment integrations you can begin collecting alumni donations in minutes.
- Need to record donation data or donor information in a back-end accounting system or CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system that you’re using? Not only can you store and run reports on the data you collect in our online database, but you can easily export the data to be used in another system. Or, use one of our third-party integrations to automatically connect your form data to a system you’re using.
- It’s important to say thank you to generous donors and keep them engaged following their donation. Customize a confirmation email that shows your appreciation and provide them with links to latest university news or upcoming alumni events.
These are just a few examples of how different departments in higher education can use Formstack, but there are many more! Our team has been chatting with our education customers to see how we can improve our form builder to cater to your needs. Stay tuned for updates!
Do you work at a college or university and have other great ways you use online forms in your role? Let us know in the Comments section below! If you have questions or want to learn more about how online forms can be a great tool for higher education, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.