Sharing is caring. Isn’t that what mom always told us?
Well, as a part of our recent (awesome) updates, we have now included a way for you to make mom proud.
Enter: Social Sharing Buttons
This new feature allows you, and those filling it out, to automatically post the form link to your Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn accounts straight from the form. It’s a great way to get more views, which means more submissions, more contacts, more volunteers and more customers. (More! more! more!)
Here’s how it works:
1. While editing your form, click on the “Settings” tab. Within the left-hand column, you’ll see “Plugins” at the bottom of the list. Click that.
2. Next, you’ll want to go to the “Utilities” section and there you will see the “Share Buttons” option. Click Add. Once you click that, you’ll see “Share Buttons” add to the list of items on the left. (It’ll turn a bright yellow once it’s added to let you know, “I’M OVER HERE!”)
3. Next, click on that “Share Buttons” tab to bring up this screen. Here you will see a field that allows you to edit the message to share. This message will be the automated content sent with the link when people click on one of the share buttons within your form. You’ll want to make this clear, concise and to the point. Be sure to click “Save Settings” when you are finished.
4. Now that you are all finished with editing your form, you are ready to publish! Once you click the “Publish” tab, click on the link to make sure everything looks A-okay. Since you have activated the share buttons on your form, you should see this at the bottom of that page now.
5. In order to share your form, just click one of the options. In this case, I selected Twitter. Once you click one of the social options, it’ll prompt you to verify your account. After that, you’ll see the pre-populated message you created along with the link to your form! (Don’t worry if the link is super long in your Twitter field, it’ll automatically shorten within their app.)
We hope you find this new feature useful to gaining more submissions! Let us know if you have any questions in the comment section below.