So, your organization needs to collect information from clients …via your website. How can you be absolutely sure that the information is transferred from the users of your website to you safely?
Creating an online web form that has “secure” components requires more than just adding an SSL Certificate. There are many elements to every form that must be completed before it is considered secure.
We are going to take a look at five elements that Formstack uses to make sure your web form experience is safe and secure.
- 256-Bit SSL – This is the industry standard for viewing and sending sensitive information through a web browser. 256-bit encryption offers 216 additional bits of key length over 40 bit keys. This translates to a whopping 1.05312292 x 1065 additional combinations required for a brute-force crack.
- Data Encryption – Using mathematical calculations and algorithmic schemes, data encryption transforms plaintext into ciphertext, a form that is non-readable to unauthorized parties. The recipient of an encrypted message uses a key which triggers the algorithm mechanism to decrypt the data, transforming it to the original plaintext version.
- PGP Email Encryption – This form of encryption automatically encrypts email as it is received and sent on desktops and/or laptops, without affecting the end-user email experience.
- Password Protected Forms – This allows only those with a specified password through, making it perfect for internal forms or private events.
- CAPTCHA – This method requires end users to read text embedded in an image and type that text successfully into a form field. Then, the result is validated by a back-end program. Since most spam programs cannot read text embedded in images, it will successfully block almost all automated form spam.
The next time you are creating a web form for an event or website to dig deeper and research these security tools. We want to provide the best experience for our customers, so if you have any questions, please contact us.
For more information on our secure web forms, you can visit our security page.