In today’s global and internet savvy market, more and more small businesses are realizing that having a website is no longer an option. It’s a necessity. Whether you’re looking to take your offline business online, or just jumping into the world of Internet marketing and e-commerce, running an online business is a lot easier than it sounds: but you must go into it with the mindset that you don’t need to re-create the wheel to have a professional website.
To assist, we here at Formstack have released a 6-part video tutorial detailing a variety of turn-key web applications to help you get your online business up and running (and working like a well-oiled machine). Check out the first video in the series now:
To sign up for the remaining videos in this educational video e-course, simply visit: Best Web Apps for Your Online Business.
Our video e-course will help you answer the following questions you may have when getting started with your online business, or simply taking it to the next level:
- How will you update your website content? (Avoid paying $100 an hour for a web designer every time you need to change the price or description on your biggest selling product.)
- How do you intend to take payments for the goods or services you’re selling online while also offering a sense of security for potential customers?
- How will you correspond with your customers, collect leads, or send information to the people who request it?
- How are you going to build that list of contacts, gather their information, and ensure that your email messages get to them?
- How will you handle customer support issues that arise?
It sounds like a lot to consider, but the good news is there are a lot of third-party web applications out there to assist you with these tasks. And that’s going to help you eliminate the need for expensive IT resources and always having to call on a web developer when you need changes made to your website. (If you don’t have experience with HTML or coding, this is really going to be crucial to your business.)
More specifically, in this video tutorial, Austin Dillman — Formstack’s Online Advertising and Paid Search Manager — will evaluate the following small business web applications available to you for the following tasks:
- Video 1: Getting Started Online: Why Do You Need Web Applications? Details about the necessary Web Apps you must have to get started with your online business TODAY.
- Video 2: Content Management System Web Apps (CMS Solutions) – We’ll tell you about WordPress, Joomla, and Typepad. Find out the pros and cons of each.
- Video 3: 3rd-Party Payment Processor Web Apps – This video covers PayPal, Google Checkout, and Authorize.net — which should you use?
- Video 4: Email Marketing Solutions – The benefits of email marketing and how you can compare MailChimp, Constant Contact, and ExactTarget.
- Video 5: Customer Relationship Management (CRM Software) Web Apps – Watch and listen as we compare Batchbook, SalesForce, and Highrise.
- Video 6: Customer Support Service Web Apps – Learn more about ZenDesk and HelpSport Customer Support Solution Apps.
To gain access to the entire 6-part video series over on YouTube, just enter your name and an email address below or simply head over to Best Web Apps for Your Online Business and enter your name and email address. We will email you the entire tutorial to start watching (and learning) immediately. See you there!