There are so many aspects of running a small business that it can be hard to keep track of everything. Here at Formstack, we are here to help you get through to tedious moments of owning a small business.
Marketing plays a giant role in owning a business. Marketing can be bitter sweet. It can be extremely helpful, yet hinder in many other ways if done incorrectly. We’ve compiled some of the best marketing tips for a small business.
- Offer a cheaper version. Prospective customers sometimes aren’t willing to pay the asking price for a new product or service they are unfamiliar with. For those interested in your product/service, offer them a smaller or stripped down version of what you have at a lower price. If they like it, they will come back and purchase for full price as well as tell their friends about you.
- Web presence. Nowadays, consumers are heading online to gather information on products, services and companies. Create a strong online presence to help bring awareness to your company and what you have to offer. It’s a great marketing tool that’s convenient to your consumers.
- Be consistent. Consistency is the key to building any great brand so make it a goal to be consistent in your marketing efforts. If you started out using advertising efforts to market your business, switching to social media and doing away with traditional advertising might not be the best step. If you want to venture into new marketing ideas, ease into them without rushing. Mix the old marketing technique with the new marketing strategy. You don’t want to leave your customers behind in the dust wondering what happened to you.
- Trim your ads. You’re a small business; so don’t feel like you have to advertise like the big guys out there in corporate America. Reduce the size of your ads so you can run more ads for the same price. You may be surprised to find that shorter, smaller ads generate more feedback and recognition than lengthier ads.
- Utilize existing customers. You already have a following of customers who you know won’t abandon you. Use them to leverage your business. Word of mouth is a powerful tool so help out your existing customers by offering them a special discount code. They will appreciate your thoughtfulness and brag about it to their friends, helping your marketing efforts.
These marketing tips won’t break the bank but will help push your business along. Always look for new innovative marketing ideas to keep your business fresh and up to date. Do you own a small business and have used a killer marketing strategy? We’d love to hear about them below in the comments.