A few months ago, we released the infographic, “The Anatomy of a Landing Page” which became a viral success, and was shared all over the web. With the recent announcement of our new landing page product, we thought it would be a good idea to revisit this infographic and inform you on how to build the perfect landing page.
When building your first landing page, it is important to include the following ten features to help you draw in users:
- Page Headlines & Ad Copy: When creating a heading and advertisement, the wording should compliment each other.
- Clear and Concise Headlines: Headlines are usually one of the first things that a visitor will read so make sure not to confuse or bore the visitor, but rather, compel them to take a closer look.
- Impeccable Grammar: Spelling errors and sloppy grammar usually result in no customers, especially if you are asking for their personal and billing information.
- Taking Advantage of Trust Indicators: Incorporate testimonials, press mentions, guarantee seals, and 3rd party trust and security certification to your landing page to help build trust.
- Use a Strong Call to Action: Once the visitor reads the landing page headline, it is crucial that the know what to do next.
- Buttons and CTA’s Should Stand Out: Create orange or yellow buttons to stand out and identify the keywords people might be searching for in regards to your service.
- Cut Down on the Links: Simplicity is key and having too many links may have a negative impact on conversions.
- Use Images and Videos: Additional media that relates to the copy is always beneficial to better tell your story and it can also have a positive impact on viewers.
- Keep It Above the Fold: The space a visitor sees without having to scroll down is where the most important parts of your message should be.
- Testing 1…2: Run A/B tests, change copy, images, and call-to-actions to see what resonates most with users.
Get started today on your first landing page and you’ll see how easy and beneficial it can be for your product or service. Also be sure to check out our complete infographic “The Anatomy of a Perfect Landing Page”.
Do you have any more tips on building the perfect landing page or have a landing page to share? We’d love to hear about it below.