Many small business owners struggle with the overwhelming task of managing their web site. There always seems to be so much to do, yet not enough time to do it all. Are you one of them?
We’ve compiled the following five tips to help you maintain a successful web site for your small business:
- Visit the sites of other companies to find out what you like and dislike. Do some sites seem to “work” while others don’t?
- Decide what objectives you want your site to meet. Do you want it to be fun, entertaining, educational, “cool,” or all of those things?
- Consider your corporate culture and your company image. Your site should support both.
- Design or re-design the site to meet your objectives. Unless you have a real expert on staff, hire a consulting firm to do the job.
- Get feedback. Ask customers how your site can be made more useful to them, and keep making improvements.
When it comes to making your site a success, it will boil down to the content you include and how well each page performs in search engine rankings. In other words, the more visitors you can get to your site, the more success you will have and the more customers or clients you will attract.
If you need any assistance creating the perfect landing page for your small business, take a look at our recent infographic.